Monday, February 1, 2010

Skiing, Guitars and Pottery!

Sadly, I have neglected the world of skiing for a very long time.  My excuses? 1. too expensive, 2. I didn't have people to go with like I used to, and 3. it had been so long I actually thought I didn't really mind not going anymore! Sad, I know!! Don't worry! Those feelings were taken care of this weekend!

I went to Solitude with my friend Scott on Saturday and it was so much fun!  I forgot how much I enjoy being up on the mountain!  It was beautiful!  Blue skies, no wind!  It was a little crunchy/icy in some places, but we still just messed around and had a good time.  Scott is a really great skiier, so he was totally taking it easy and I was doing  my best to keep up to his easy!  :)  Ha!  It was really fun to go with someone who knows their way around.  Scott took me on some really cool runs through the trees and gave me some good pointers about my turns and stuff.  I felt very accomplished by the end of the trip! :)  So now all I want to do is go again!! 

On our way back from skiing we stopped at a great little guitar shop called, Acoustic Music, and I fell in love with a few Taylors.  Now I am asking myself..."am I a Taylor kind of girl?"  I almost feel like I am cheating on my Martin or something.  But they sounded really great!  And played great too!  I guess we shall see what happens...you might see me bustin it out on a Taylor one of these days!

One last thing for this blog entry today.  MY POTTERY CLASS STARTS TOMORROW!!  I am super excited!!  It is the class where you use a wheel!  My roommate Mindy is taking it with me.  I am going to make all kinds of fancy stuff!  It will be great!! :)  I'll make sure to tell you all about it!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment