Friday, February 26, 2010

America's Got Talent

I am heading off to Portland Oregon tomorrow morning.  I wonder if I am going to sleep at all tonight!  It has been interesting so far.  One minute I am totally excited and the next minute I am nervous.  However, I have found that in the past when I am freaking out about the unknown events that are before me, they turn out to be great experiences or not nearly as bad as I was making them out to be!

It was cool yesterday because I was feeling pretty nervous and I knew I needed to practice my song a bunch of times so I got my guitar out and started practicing and I ended up not only playing my song a bunch of times but, I also ended up playing a lot of different songs for a while. By the time I finished my own little concert to myself my nerves had calmed and had been replaced with confidence!  I can honestly say that I feel like I have a chance! Duh, I wouldn't be flying clear to Oregon if I didn't think I had any chance, but it was a real, powerful feeling like I really do have something to offer the world and I hope they can see that in my playing.  The confidence felt great!

So, many of you are probably wondering what I am doing, how it works, and what song I am playing.  I am going to try out for the TV series America's Got Talent.  They take any talent there is out there from crazy stunts or animal tricks to comedy routines, singers and musicians. The first audition is done in the different cities they have picked (I think Oregon was the closest to me anyway, but it was also the last city they were going to.)  You have 90 seconds to show them your talent and you do it in front of a couple people and a video camera.  The producers then go through all the acts and pick the ones they want to call back.

I just found this out today...they won't be calling anyone back until April.  (I was worried about call backs because I can't exactly hang in Oregon till I hear from someone.)  So that put my heart at ease a little.  If I get called back then I have to wear the same outfit I wore to try out and I go in front of the real judges that are on the actual show.  This is where they have 3 giant X's above your head and they can cut you short with their very loud buzzing X button if they don't like you.  But you don't have to stop until you have been buzzed 3 times.  All I know is that if they buzz me, I am going to jump through the roof!  Not because I am upset, but because it will scare the crap out of me!  Those that know me very well can tell you that I am a very jumpy person.

From there if I don't get buzzed and they let me through I will go to Vegas and that is where they will do the rest of the "sifting through talent."  The first 4 episodes (I think) you watch as they narrow everyone down and make all their cuts.  From there I honestly haven't watched the show enough to know exactly how they continue after that.  I watched the last two episodes of season 4 last night and there were 10 people on the finale.  My guess is that they get to a top 10 eventually and then America votes and they tally up all the votes over the weeks and at the end they go through by order of votes until they name the winner of America's Got Talent.

If you are interested in watching some or all of season 4 you can go to www.usagotalent.com.

The number 1 important thing you have to remember is that if I get on the show you have to have giant America's Got Talent parties and everyone has to vote like crazy for me!  :)

Well, I still need to pack and get ready for this crazy awesome adventure that I am about to embark on! :)

Thanks for all your support!  It really doesn't go unnoticed!

Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Good Luck! I know you'll be awesome!

    ReplyDelete