Friday, February 19, 2010

Recording

I recorded some demo tracks last night.  I was a little worried because my week went by really fast and I didn't get nearly as much practicing in as I would have liked!  Good news!  Things went very well!  I had already laid down 2 tracks previously.  So all in all we got 6 songs done.  4 that we recorded last night and 2 that we fixed up from a previous session.

When recording it is good to have your songs as ready as you can, otherwise you make a lot of unneccesary mistakes, and therefore you spend more time and money fixing things that wouldn't have been a problem had you been prepared.  So there is a little tip for any of you that may go record songs of your own!  :)

So, the plan was to lay down some demo tracks.  In the beginning I was only going to record songs off of Stranger.  The reason being that my initial plan was to be able to say that I had toured Stranger by the end of the year.  Well, I am changing plans!  I have about 7 new songs that I like playing too much not to play them at gigs.  So I've decided that I am not considering myself as touring...we can save that for the next album! ;)  For now, I am just going to do what I can to play anywhere and get people to start checking me out, listening to my music and passing it along to their friends. 

SO SHOW ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS MY MUSIC!  TRY TO GET THEM HOOKED, SO THEY WILL SHOW THEIR FRIENDS!  :)

How was that for a plug! 

Anyway, one of the problems I was having with playing new songs is that I didn't have a way for people to listen to them.  PROBLEM SOLVED-thanks to my website guy Jason White!!  If you have checked my website lately then you will notice that not only is my blog on it now, BUT also a spot where you can listen to my "Unreleased Tracks." (In other words new songs and works in progress)  I will put all the new songs that I have recorded there.  As I work on them I will try and post what I've done so far so you can see the process of recording unfold before your ears ;)!  We will see how this goes!

Just a heads up before I go!  I am playing in Ogden March 5th and I have a radio interview on March 23rd!  I will keep you posted on place, dates and times. 

Have a spactacular Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment