Saturday, March 6, 2010

Glazing and Friday's Gig

This last week has been pretty busy!  On Tuesday we went to our pottery class and finished glazing our creations.  I had two pots a bowl and I don't really know what to call my other one.  Kind of a bowlish vase type of thing.  

Glazing is interesting because I really have no idea how it is going to turn out.  My bowl is going to be three different colors!  Kind of like a Neapolitan bowl!  I hope all the colors match or at least look ok together!  We didn't have any examples of what the colors were actually going to be when we were finished, so this will be interesting! ;)

Sometimes the sandy/muddy stuff in the glaze kind of settles at the bottom if it hasn't been stirred for a minute, so when I was dipping one of my pots I went too deep and it got all goopy on one side.  So when it dried I had to kind of scrape it off and dip it again.  I finally just stopped caring and started going dip crazy!  So I have some multi-colored stuff going on and what not!  I'm excited to see how they all turn out. I will definitely take pictures! 

I have pictures of the "before firing" glazed stuff, but as I am at my parents house today I will have to add them later!

As for my gig last night!  It was great!  

Sometimes when I play, people that have never heard me don't know what to expect and I think they look at me and think that I am going to get up and sound crapy or something.  So there are those occasional sets, like the one last night, where I get up and start playing and I get this "deer in the headlights" look from some of the people in the audience! 

Can I just say...I live for this!  I love it when I surprise people, or when I see someone finding in me new music that they like!  It is one of the best feelings in the world for me!  

So, like I said before, last night was really great!  It was way laid back and chill. I really liked The Basement and would play there again any time.  It was a lot of fun and a great venue!  Thank you to those of you that made it out!  It was great to see you and I really appreciate your support!  I had a few really great surprises - friends that showed up that I wasn't expecting at all! Very cool!

Now it is just a matter of getting more gigs set up and getting my name out there.  So make sure to tell all your friends to look up Kat Tingey!  


No comments:

Post a Comment