Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Last Saturday House Party

Last Saturday May 15th I used my new sound system for the first time!!  It was very exciting for me, and it worked really well for us.  There are still some kinks that I am going to have to figure out.  Like, when I sing really loud it peaks and goes kind of fuzzy sounding, and that is no good because singing loud is what I do best!!

Anyway, the party was a lot of fun!  They had a BBQ and a lot of people came and most of them stayed for the entertainment too!  Danny Heslop played first and did great as usual and then Steve Soelberg did some stand up and he did really great...he even got everyone to stop and listen, which was cool.  Then I played and it was fun.  I have to admit that I felt kind of bad when I finished and someone said, "I thought you were going to play a lot more from your album." I really should play more from my CD.  Here is the problem.  When I write new songs, the old songs just don't seem as good to me anymore!  But I forget that the people that have bought my album are excited to hear me play because of the songs on the albums!  So, therefore...I am going to try and play the songs from my albums more and I will just sprinkle in a few new songs and a cover song or two.

So the party was a hit, my sound system was fantastic!  Oh and guess what else!  You can totally plug your ipod or nano or whatever you have into it and play music!  I could totally DJ a party or something!

One thing that I am excited about is that I can take it wherever and have my own little show.  My neighbor Kraig and I are going to put on some amphitheater and park gigs this summer.  I am excited!  I think it will be great!

That is all for now...sorry I didn't take any pictures for you! I was too busy being a sound man!  :)  And now it is time to go do some catching up on Lost!  Mindy and I are almost all the way up to real time!

No comments:

Post a Comment